Wednesday 25 November 2015

Young Girls and Dieting


After watching this video I realised how true it is. How many of us girls said that we were fat?
Too many, while at school you hear it all the time. I have always hated the way I looked and lately I have been trying to move past it but it is so hard. I have worried about my body weight since I was in year 4 or 5. I have always compared my body to other girls in my class and the more I look at them the worse I feel about myself. I have tried so many things to lose weight such as dieting, heaps of exercise, starving myself and none of this has ever truly worked because I always end up putting the weight back on. Young girls like me should not be doing this to themselves to make look like the Victoria Secret models that you see in magazines. The thing that makes us hate our body's is the media so we need to put a stop to this body negativity we need to start teaching young girls in primary school and high school that everything in the media is fake and photo shopped we also need a strong role model to show young girls that it is ok to have a curvy body and that you don't have to be tall and skinny. Personally  one of my biggest goals in life is to grow as a person and learn to love all the different parts of my body and I will always try to battle the negativity about body image.

No comments:

Post a Comment